You have taken the big step and opened a small business. You have your product or service, your idea of how to run the business, and now you have a company name. What next? Consider designing a company logo. A company logo is the symbol or picture that represents your company, product or service.
Some of the reasons you should have a company logo for your small business are:
- Makes an impression on your customers
- Increases professional appearance
- Re-enforces your company name through branding
- Helps customers associate your company name with a picture
- Makes your company name stand out
There are many ways to design a company logo. You can create your own logo by drawing a logo on paper and scanning it in to a computer, or designing a logo in a design software on your computer. Some things to think about when designing your logo are:
- How big or small do you want your logo
- Do you want the logo to be part of the company name, next to the name, behind the name, etc.
- Do you want a picture, a symbol, or your company name initials as the logo
- Do you want the logo in black and white or with color
- If color, what color(s) do you want
- Do you want a complex logo or a simple logo
- What do you want your logo image to portray
If you don't want to design your own logo, or don't have the resources to design your own logo, there are many businesses available to help you. LogoYes, for example, is a do-it-yourself logo site. They have the tools and resources for you to use when making your own company logo. For more information, you can visit their website at http://www.logoyes.com/index.htm.
You can also have other companies design your logo for you. Company-Logos.org, for example, has pre-designed logos for you to choose from, they can create custom logos, or they can repair your old logo. For more information, you can visit their website at http://www.company-logos.org/.
Having a company logo can benefit you in many ways. It is your opportunity to be creative and make your company name stand out from others. After deciding on a logo, remember to do a little research online to make sure your logo is not already in use or trademarked by another company.
Visit the WBS Marketplace when shopping for business sinage or other office equipment, supplies and books for your small business.