After starting a small business and developing a great product, you need a way to get your product on to store shelves.
The two best ways to get your product in a store are 1) set up an appointment with a buyer or 2) hire a sales representative to sell your product to buyers.
Please see our article "How to Arrange Meetings with Buyers for Your New Product" for more information on these topics.
Here are a few other ways to get your product out to customers:
- Online: Make a web site for your small business so your product can be found online.
- Trade Shows: Attend trade shows - many buyers attend trade shows looking for new products.
- Direct Mail/Flyers: Make a flyer about your company and its product or service, then mail and/or post the flyer in popular locations around your community.
- Get Your Product and Company in the Newspaper: Many newspapers do local stories and feature articles. Ask your local paper to do a story about your small business and its products. You can also take out an ad in the classified section to promote your business and product.
- Broadcast and Cable TV: Put your product on QVC, HSN or a local shopping network.